Monday, February 2, 2009

2009 is here... so what?

After an eternity, i am writing a post that was not borne out of anger or frustration, but merely out of boredom.... and some self-introspection!

I've heard of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and lately, i have been witness to it too. It's weird how sometimes life seems to zoom past you and everything around you is nothing more than a blur... and then there are times when, everything slows down so much so that it feels like time itself is standing still and waiting with baited breath for what comes next... I see my friends, all excited about their future and making plans to secure it and sometimes it scares me. Sometimes, it feels like there is a big secret somewhere that everybody knows, except me.... like everybody else was taught some secret formula for success and somehow, i seemed to have missed that class. As a result, here I am, with no plans, no goals whatsoever, just sitting and watching everyone else zoom past me. I do not crave success, I'm just afraid of being left behind.

Its not as if i dont have any other options. Life has been generous to me in that respect. But my problem is that I dont really know which way to go. Something deep inside me, tells me that my future lies off the beaten track. But then comes the issue of plucking up the courage to take the path less travelled. I'm not really sure about anything and frankly, its quite frustrating! There i go again!! No matter how hard I try, a little bit of angst seems to creep into every one of my posts!
Anyway, enough rambling about the future.
Right now, I'm quite content with the present. Is it bad to like the way things are? Is something wrong with me, just b'coz I dont want to fly high or achieve big things? Sometimes, I feels like it is a crime to be ambitionless.

So many questions, and no answers.... such is Life!!!

3 comments:

prads said...

i think most of us must b in similar state of mind.. its juz, not able 2 accept it.. n tryin 2 follow diff ways 2 achieve sumthin..


btw shreyu.. good goin.. i read every blog written by u.. but never commented... :p
i really liked "Hey Ram" wala thing.. Completely agree wid u..


Prads :)

Sumit Verma said...

hey shreyu...whats up....i think..its the same bug that bit me...thought a lot abt future it seems to be dark...i think it happens at this age...lot of things are responsible i feel....there are things that parents want...many which we want...however its always the opposite with parents...its mixed emation i call it frustation that make fall in to this condition...so its like welcome to the club....!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe....

Unknown said...

Hi!!! i never knew u were soo good at writing! :) ya even i think the same abt myself..not sure abt anythin..